Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Reaper Bones Progress Update 1 - Kobolds for Kids

As some people may know, I am a small contributor to the larger efforts of the Kobolds for Kids charity painting event going on. For those who don't know what it is here is a link to their site Kobolds for Kids.

Reaper Bones kindly donated an entire Vampire level from their incredibly successful Kickstarter Campaign that ran last year.

There are many well known, and incredibly talented painters involved, but then there are people like me who just want to help the cause. Most of the painters in our local gaming scene are involved, and most everyone has been receiving their lot of models to paint to support the event.

I wanted to post up an update of where I am with mine. Models I'm painting are:

  • 2 female heros (one a rogue, one a cleric)
  • 1 female pathfinder iconic rogue model
  • 5 green haunts
I'm decided on the non 'green' models to go with a black acrylic paint on base coat, and then did a P3 white top spray for some brightness where the light will hit. The green haunts are a challenge as I don't want to loose the green clear material's effect when looked at in the light. So those are more of a challenge, and I'm trying different things. Some with a 'wash' (no water just flow enabler), and some with a darker thinned black. So far the green wash worked best I think.

Here are some photos...
Base Coats / Primer
Cloak Blending, with some highlights

Back view of cloak

Green Wash, thinned with flow enabler


Front view. Going to paint the tombstone and sword

No comments:

Post a Comment