Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In the Spirit of...

Well, I needed to start this off with a pun, just in time for our annual favorite Wyrd 'pun' event, aka Gencon.

If you haven't already seen it here is a photo of the new Miss model for Gencon 2013, form Wyrd Miniatures!

2013 Gencon Wyrd Miss model (i.e. the Steamborg Execution, Howard Langston)
Of course, we are all anxious to see what her miss name actually is (usually a play on words)! So back to the title of my post, what I really meant by "In the Spirit of..." was, that this post is in the spirit of me going back to one of my early posts about painting resolutions. I mention my desire to get my speed of painting up in 2013, while still having some level of moderate or better quality painted figures in the end.

So this week I spent all of about 2.5 hours painting these three models in prep for some games I have this week down with the DorkaMorka guys in Watertown, MA! It's my first time there, and while I've played with some of these guys before, I can't play my first games in a new hall without painted models. I just love seeing a table with all painted models.

Now I know, I don't have the hanged completely done yet, but they are close enough. I'll get bases and finish their hair and some minor highlighting as well as do something with the eyes. However, the grave spirit is done...get it "they're all spirits" (including The Hanged), I told you there would be a pun (well at least this post was aptly titled)!

So here is the progress of a 'speed' painting session by me spread over two days. I'm pretty happy with them, not perfect, but good enough even when held close to the eye.

2 The Hanged and 1 Grave Spirit - Speed(ish) painted


Let me know what you think in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment